Commercial Vehicle Accidents
Tampa Commercial Vehicle Accident Attorneys
Following a tractor-trailer or other commercial vehicle accident, you can bet that the transport company will quickly dispatch an investigation team, and their defense attorneys will begin preparing a defense. If you or a loved one have been injured in an accident involving a commercial vehicle, you want and need a Tampa Bay personal injury attorney who will do the same for you.
At Wagner, McLaughlin & Whittemore, our goal is to gather as much vital evidence as we can, as quickly as possible — from the black box to police records, “hours of service” record books, and every relevant document in-between!
Our Tampa Bay commercial vehicle accident attorneys seek to investigate whether the driver was fatigued, preoccupied, texting, making a phone call, intoxicated, on drugs, accelerating, or in any other way acting negligently.
Beyond that, we will want to find out if the trucking company placed stress on the worker to speed, turn to drugs, or keep driving without enough sleep to meet an impossible timeframe or deadline.
Among other things, we often analyze the company rules for evidence that it promoted or allowed mobile phone use or texting — or other documents to determine if it was aware that the operator had been sick or tired.
Commercial Vehicle Crash Types
Our firm handles all categories of accident litigation concerning commercial vehicles, such as:
- Jackknifing: Depending on the facts, the trucking company and driver may well be liable for jackknifing or trailer swing that caused the driver to lose control of the truck.
- Head-on: We have seen too many of these “head-on” cases over the years. We properly examine and begin preparing your lawsuit involving head-on trucking accidents occurring when a sleepy or inattentive driver crosses the line or enters the wrong track.
- Hours of Service Violations: Lawsuits may be called for when truck drivers do not follow the HOS guidelines for commute hours, shift durations, and rest periods – or when the corporation falsified its records to avoid the laws.Texting: In this day and age, texting can take on fatal consequences. Our attorneys are standing by to help you secure recovery from a reckless driver who’d been texting, making a phone call, or engaging in some other inappropriate and distracting activity while also driving a tractor-trailer.
- T-bone: Our attorneys take a strategic and proactive approach to seeking compensatory damages where clients have been injured from a trucker running a stop sign or a traffic signal and colliding with another vehicle at an intersection.
- Rollovers: We have in-depth knowledge of the causes of truck rollovers as well as the damages that can result.
- Tire blowout: If a tire blowout leads to an accident, our auto accident firm would investigate to see whether poor truck upkeep led to the crash that seriously hurt you.
How An Attorney Can Assist
Over the decades, our attorneys at Wagner, McLaughlin & Whittemore have fought hard to maximize recovery for commercial accident victims all across the Sunshine State. Our Tampa Bay Accident Attorneys are well-versed in the postponement and misdirect techniques used by transportation companies and their insurance agencies and are here to fight for you following your trucking accident case.