In a firm that puts the highest priority on protecting the injured individual, board-certified trial lawyer Kevin McLaughlin fits in perfectly. Starting his career on the corporate side, Kevin soon realized that his dedication to plaintiffs’ rights was his true purpose and calling. He joined the firm in 1997 and quickly rose to the rank of partner.
While attending law school, Kevin clerked for the judges in the Civil Division of the Thirteenth Judicial Circuit, Hillsborough County, Florida. Upon graduation, he worked for an insurance defense firm and handled cases involving insurance disputes, coverage issues, automobile negligence, and premises liability claims for some of the largest insurers in the country. This preparation helped Kevin become an expert in handling plaintiffs’ claims. Kevin knows how both the opposition and the courts think, which enhances his ability to be an effective advocate for his clients.
Kevin represents plaintiffs with wrongful death and personal injury claims. His practice encompasses a broad range of claims including admiralty and maritime, premises liability, medical negligence, automotive and products liability actions. His wealth of experience benefits his clients through his ability to assess all sides of the situation.
After serving as a board member for a number of years, in 2016-2017 Kevin became President of the Hillsborough County Bar Association, one of the largest local bar groups in Florida, with a membership of more than 4,000 attorneys, judges and legal professionals. Kevin is also a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates, where he is an officer of the Tampa Bay Chapter. He is a member of the Florida Justice Association, the Southeastern Admiralty Law Institute, and the American Association for Justice.
A resident of Tampa since early childhood, Kevin is an honor graduate of Wake Forest University, where he earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in history in 1993. Three years later, he received his Juris Doctorate from the Stetson University College of Law. He resides in Tampa with his wife, Daun, and their two children.
- President of the Hillsborough County Bar Association for 2016-2017
- Board Certified Civil Trial Lawyer by The Florida Bar (www.flabar.org)
- Received B.A. in history from Wake Forest University in 1993
- Graduated from Stetson University College of Law in 1996
- Admitted to the Florida Bar in 1996
- Member, American Bar Association (www.americanbar.org)
- Member, American Board of Trial Advocates (President, Tampa Bay Chapter 2018)(www.abota.org)
- Board of Directors, Hillsborough County Bar Association 2012-Present
- Young Lawyers Division Board of Directors 2002 -2007; President Elect 2005; President 2006 (www.hillsbar.com)
- Member, American Association for Justice (www.justice.org)
- Member, Florida Justice Association (Young Lawyers Section Board of Directors 2000-2005) (www.floridajusticeassociation.org)
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Admitted to Practice – United States Supreme Court, U.S. District Court, Northern, Middle, and Southern Districts of Florida, All Florida State Courts
- ‘AV’ Rated by Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory