June 23, 2020

Injured in a Slip and Fall Accident in My Apartment Building: May I Claim Financial Compensation?

Categories: Uncategorized

As a tenant living in an apartment building, it is reasonable to expect that the building and the area around it will be maintained for safety. Unfortunately, this is not always the case,and many tenants endure injuries. While proving the responsibility of the landlord is a major factor, it is important that tenants know that they are able to claim financial compensation if the landlord was negligent. Tampa FL slip and fall lawyers can walk through what this means and help determine if you are able to proceed with further legal action. When an attorney from Wagner, McLaughlin & Whittemore works with you, they will ensure that you understand if you have a case and what you need to do next.


Landlord Negligence

When you have a slip and fall at an apartment building and wish to hold the landlord responsible, you have to prove that the landlord was negligent. Generally, a landlord is responsible for maintaining the property inside and outside. This means that issues in the apartment and on the outdoor grounds should be promptly corrected. While this is the job of the landlord, the tenant also has the role of reporting issues that are in the apartment. If the tenant has done so, and the landlord hasn’t fixed the problem, they may well be liable for damages. It will also be considered if the landlord should have reasonably known about the problem and failed to fix it.


As a victim of a fall in an apartment building, you will need Tampa FL slip and fall lawyers to represent you so that you can get the money you deserve for your injuries. Let us work for you to help with your claim for financial compensation.


Contact the office of Wagner, McLaughlin & Whittemore so that we can schedule a consultation to answer your questions.

Recent Posts

Florida Fire Pit Accidents

Read Now

Violent Tesla Accidents in Florida

Read Now

Race Track Accidents in Florida

Read Now

View All Blogs

Contact An Attorney Today!

"*" indicates required fields